Saturday, January 14, 2012

A Box Full of Film

As I have spent the remainder of the day sitting on the couch, on the computer, eating more than anyone's fair share of Reese's Miniatures ($2.09 post Holiday sale), I have actually been semi productive. I'll say that with a small yeah right, but really... I totally did my laundry today; I mailed some bills out; I have researched several film festivals to enter my short film in - hopefully to submit tomorrow & not break the bank in the process; I updated my resume last night. That counts, right?

The real fun part of the day was getting a box of film in the mail. Yay! It's funny, as the world gets more advanced, I decide to take up a hobby that is expensive & outdated. Eleven rolls of 120 film to add to the rolls I have waiting to be shot. It's pretty exciting, if I actually take more photos! I traveled all over the place last year & didn't take as many film shots as I should have. Why? Part of me keeps thinking that I need to only shoot what I think is a worthy shot, and the other part of me gets so wrapped up in where I am or taking photos on my point & shoot, that I just plain forget to take the camera out of my bag! Plus, I don't want 1,000 landscape shots.

So this year I have decided I am going to do what I had planned on doing last year but never did. I'm going to test out every single one of those lenses my Diana F+ came with, and I'm going to shoot a roll w/ each lens. I really want to see the difference to get a feel of what I like more, and since I'm horrible at actually writing down the info for each shot, I've never really been able to guess what lens I used at the time, unless of course it was a Fisheye lens. First opportunity comes on Sunday when I head up to Santa Barbara with friends to go look at the Butterfly Sanctuary.

In all my down time (unemployment) I have been pretty lazy about doing any of these little projects, so I'm really setting my goal here. More photography adventures! Maybe that will motivate me to do my other projects, like continue learning Italian, which I started last summer & have promptly put to the side since returning from Italy, or practice the guitar that I've had for 9 years & shamefully only know 4 chords, or doing that genealogy project on my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment