Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Don't sweat the small stuff...

My sleep schedule is totally screwed. I can't sleep & I have to switch over to a day schedule this week. At this rate, I'm contemplating the 'staying up so long I will crash out at 6pm' method... but that sounds like a crap plan.

In the last 3 or 4 years I've been missing my parents & sister like crazy. Well, maybe not that much but enough. I think I finally got old enough to realize these are the years you really bond with your family as friends. It's funny how life works out. I never wanted to move to L.A. I never had that itch to go West. I always thought I'd settle in an East Coast city... driving distance to my family but just a few hours away so I had some privacy. I am missing out on friends & cousins getting married & having kids. Missing out on seeing people. Those people are getting old & I think I start to panic sometimes about it. Maybe it's because my parents' birthdays are this week. I know not to take them for granted & when I go for long periods of time without seeing or talking to them, I feel really bad. These are lost moments! But this is life. I don't plan on moving anytime soon. I just wish I made a shitload of money so I could visit more. Or they could visit me.

Also, I'm still supposed to make a film by next month. Thank god the screening has been extended a month. I have no idea what I want to make a film about. Can't I just do a photo project instead?

No comments:

Post a Comment