Tuesday, August 3, 2010

That's all she is, new ways to wear old clothes.

I finally got the 2 rolls of film developed from my Diana camera. They both have a scratch all the way across the film. Grumble grumble... Heather wants me to do a scratch test to see if it's from my camera or the lab. I really hope the lab just fucked up b/c I don't want to figure out how to fix the camera. I was already annoyed at the lab b/c they "forgot" to charge me for one of the rolls of film so I had to pay more when I went to pick them up & they fucked up the scans. One of my pictures didn't get scanned. And a bunch of my pictures weren't scanned properly so the image is like part of one picture part of another. Super annoying. I also would've just gone to the LA Lomography store to try them out but I had a weird B&W roll I couldn't just get done at Target or wherever, so I brought all the rolls to this pro lab I use. They couldn't adjust their machine to scan my Diana rolls to include the sprocket holes... which sucks, b/c that was half the fun. So I have them scanned like normal pictures & a couple of them came out cute but overall I'm a little disappointed. I can't wait to try out some more & maybe some better rolls of film too (not expired crap film I got for free). Here are some of the fun times...



There was a photo I liked off the B&W roll of film I had laying around. It's from when I went out to Linda Vista Hospital w/ some friends & people from Yelp for a photo day. I forgot it at the time & found it months later.


I also went to the Norton Simon Museum. I really like that place & hadn't been in years. They have a Hiroshige exhibit right now. They also own a ton of Degas, so if you like ballerinas & sculptures, you should go.


The title of the statue on the left is hilarious: Woman Taken Unawares


The Mulberry Tree by Van Gogh. It's really beautiful up close.


Jan van Bijilert - Mars Vigilant (Man in Armor Holding a Pike). He looks pretty awesome.


Pietro Anotonio Rotari - Young Girl Writing a Love Letter. She's giving a most sultry look.


I saw these crows at work one day. They were snuggling w/ each other & at first I didn't think they were real. I took my camera out a bit late, but the one on the left was resting its head on the other one.


I went downtown a few days ago & love how much stuff is reflected in the buildings there.



I was also a good girl & finally used all my birthday gift certificates. Which mostly meant spending time on itunes finding something I wanted to buy. I bought quite a few things actually but a couple bands I got I'm finding I like a lot. No Singles by Japandroids has 'Darkness on the Edge of Gastown' stuck in my head as well as 'Roll Up Your Sleeves' off of These Four Walls by We Were Promised Jetpacks.

http://www.myspace.com/japandroids
http://www.myspace.com/wewerepromisedjetpacks
http://www.nortonsimon.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment