I obviously don't have every ticket for every movie I've ever seen. I am so thankful for that. All of these ticket stubs I have currently fit into a small container. It's not like I'm swimming in them or anything.
A lot of the ink on the tickets have faded away and there are a lot of random stubs w/ nothing on them. I don't understand the necessity to hold onto these. I keep concert stubs & things like that too, but those are a lot easier to look through in a scrap book. Movie tickets make a lot less sense unless it was a special occasion. I'm going to do my best to remember who I went with too... This does make me feel a little nuts. Hopefully I don't attract any stalkers from providing theater locations over the years. This is more for me to know there is a virtual scrap book if I ever feel the need to remember what movies I've seen. I've gone to a lot of dollar theaters over the years but I cringe at the thought of how much money I've spent. Some of these movies I don't even remember seeing or were shocked that I did see. Some of them I just go see b/c they are so awful or so wonderful that I can't not go.
I had to write this one over several days to add my unnecessary thoughts.
I really really really should have broken this up into several blogs.
[EDIT - Moving 2012 into a new blog.]
2011
Blue Valentine @ Arclight Hollywood (CA) w/ Kelley- I liked this movie despite how depressing it was. I thought my heart would be tearing more at the end but it didn't. Loved the music. Love Ryan Gosling & Michelle Williams.
- I have read this book series a couple times. I have to say this was much better than the last installment.
- Well I surprisingly liked this movie.
- Fun movie. Great cast. So so story.
- This movie is ridiculous, but it's fun. So many old people in the theater when I saw this.
- Pretty good. Not raving about it.
- I have to ask myself - is this the one with Natalie Portman? Like I said, I love romcoms. The whole reason for her not letting herself fall in love is totally bizarre. The Dread Pirate Roberts plays a doctor.
- Ugh. Awful & pretentious. I should've listened to my gut & not seen it. Not even worth the $2 I spent to go.
- Solid movie. I can't believe how dead on Christian Bale is to his character.
- I had to remind myself at the end that this is based on a true story. Totally crazy movie. Loved it.
- Total crap. Not even slightly good at recreating an 80s movie.
- I wanted so much more from this movie. Not that great but watchable.
- I cry every time I watch the 1996 version with Charlotte Gainsbourg. This version is okay.
- As cheesy as it is, it's not as awful as everyone makes it out to be. Plus I got to see it in 3D for free. Thank you Arclight points!
- Freaking LOVE this movie. I finally feel like Woody Allen hit the nail on the head. A lot of his movies feel like something is missing.
- I think I saw this with my brother, which was weird for sure. Some really funny laughs. Had a total zero budget feel to it a lot, which is fine but not what I expected. Kristen Wiig is awesome.
- I honestly can't remember if Mike was with us or not. Harry Potter - always a fun time!
- This movie was great, even though I think they were trying too hard with one of the characters. The train scene was unreal & scary.
- This could have been so cool. Lazy Sunday movie.
- Terrific job at a remake. Didn't see it in 3D and there are 2 or 3 very obvious 3D moments. Fun cameos.
- Bizarre. Didn't know what to expect when I went in to see it, but I liked it.
- Pretty good. Nothing outstanding but I enjoyed it.
- I laughed sooooooo much. Totally loved this movie. Anna Faris is so underrated.
- This was a pretty funny movie for what it is.
- Terrible.
- You can't open the movie w/ Leo in full on old people make up & talking like an old dude. I laughed so much and couldn't take it as serious. He's a great actor though. The story was interesting enough. I just couldn't get passed him being old. I wish they just cast old people instead.
- Loved it despite the fact I'm not a Jason Segel fan and there are very odd musical numbers. I grew up watching the Muppets though, and was really happy to see this turn out to be a good movie. Some great laughs.
- This series is ridiculous. It's like morbid curiosity.
- I liked it. I think it's kind of weird & yeah, she doesn't change, but isn't that the case with most fucked up people? Don't expect resolutions. Charlize Theron is amazing.
- I liked this movie, but I didn't love it.
- It was fun but I enjoyed the first one more.
- Yes, this was Valentine's Day all over again, but what the hell... it's a romcom.
2010
Young Victoria @ Laemmle Pasadena Playhouse (CA)- I liked it!
- Interesting. Creative. Not sure how I feel about it.
- Yikes. Good movie but seriously heavy.
- Avatar is fun but people give it too much credit.
- I can't remember much about it, but it was fun.
- I can't keep these straight. I think it was ridiculous. That's probably accurate.
- I can't get passed why a plane taking off in Santa Monica would fly through the buildings of DTLA. Puh-lease! Anyway, disaster films are always fun. They're just not always good.
- This movie sucks SO BAD. I was angry throughout.
- Cute!
- Good. I never need to watch it again. A guy passed out in aisle of the theater b/c he couldn't take what was happening.
- Good but where the hell is Lita Ford? It's weird she's like a background character... I'm pretty sure this doesn't represent well.
- Yeah, we went to see The Lost Boys at midnight. That sax scene is totally stupid. Ugh Joel.
- I think Crystal's friend made this movie. I can't really remember much.
- Totally stupid. Some fun moments.
- Pretty good & Marky Mark remembers to be shirtless.
- These movies are pretty fun.
- I liked this movie a lot. Interesting.
- Uh... interesting concept. I'm glad I didn't see a remake of the original story. I'm sick of seeing Johnny Depp in every Tim Burton film. I didn't think the Mad Hatter should be a technicolor acid trip.
- Love midnight screenings. Don't love when they're oversold & people are sitting in the aisle. WTF? Anyway, it's The Shining. The movie is awesome.
- Wait... is this right? How did I go see this twice? I guess it was pretty funny.
- The story was totally stupid, but I enjoyed the series.
- Romcom. Don't expect anything more. It's fun.
- It was totally Kick-Ass. Scary for the violence.
- I can't keep these movies straight. Seriously.
- LOVED it! JGL in a suit - awesome. Tom Hardy being, well, Tom Hardy - awesome. Leo - awesome. Really, everything is awesome here. The story too. Bonus - I got to work at the premiere filming Hans Zimmer performing a concert. That was cool.
- This movie was okay but pissed me off how shitty they were to each other.
- This was a weird movie but I remember liking it.
- Holy f#@k. This movie is so awesome. They won me over at the Universal title. This girl we went to college with, her husband made the graphic novel series.
- This movie is kind of crazy.
- Pretty good but I'm not feeling sorry for Julia Roberts.
- As my brother would say - what is up with the butterfly tattoo?? It's a really slow paced film & I liked it & was fine with it, but it has it's wtf moments.
- Yeah, I went to see this. I love Milla Jovovich.
- Damn good.
- Funny movie. Pretty good.
- It's kind of depressing, but in a good way.
- A really good movie about Facebook. Who would've thought?
- Fun movie.
- It's Harry Potter. Always fun to watch.
- I went to see this with my sister. She was hilarious b/c she kept gasping & saying oh my god, and she didn't realize it at all. I kind of love it. It's real dark.
- This was a fun movie. I didn't mind it.
2009
He's Just Not That Into You @ Arclight Sherman Oaks (CA)- This movie is just not that good. I wish it were better.
- Liked it.
- I remember seeing it. I think I liked it. It's been too long to remember.
- Very good.
- I liked it. Falls flat at the end I think, if I remember correctly.
- I love this movie.
- I was mislead by the character being named George Eastman. This one turns out to be not so good. I liked the movie.
- Oh my god the shrieking teenagers. Fun times!
- If you're going to rework Star Trek, it's a good thing you went this direction. Fun.
- As a Terminator fan, I was pretty angry when I left the theater. Let me slap the writers for being dumb.
- I'm not too into these movies. It's not that they're bad, it's just, eh.
- Fantastic.
- Cute.
- Cute.
- Future Cult Classic.
- Cute.
- This was pretty good, but not terrific.
- Soo funny.
- I really liked this one.
- I remember it being... meh.
- Best Harry Potter film ever. Gorgeous cinematography. I loved it.
- Heather & I briefly worked with the male star of this film. The movie wasn't that good unfortunately.
- I fucking love this movie.
- It's bad when I have to say, which Katherine Heigl movie is this?? It was okay.
- Yeah, that's right. I went to see it again.
- I liked it. Strange. Trying not to compare it to 2001.
- So good I went to see it again.
- This was cute.
- This movie is okay, but Julie isn't very likeable.
- Holy crap, I have a neighbor like that dude.
- I liked this movie, but had a head shaking moment when Rosy asked me after it was over if that's what really happened. *Face palm.
- Total shit movie.
- It was pretty good.
- I barely remember any of the stories. It was very sub par to Paris.
- 3 times. I've never gone to see a movie in the theater twice until recently.
- So pissed. Not at the movie, but at the fact that I accidentally deleted the info for this one & god damn autosave is saving every 10 seconds. WTF. Anyway, the movie was okay. Weird.
- This movie makes me cry so much. I fucking love it.
- This movie is really good people.
- Good movie.
- Not so good.
- This was pretty good, kind of depressing.
- I remember liking it.
- It was pretty good.
- Fun movie!
- Ha ha - at the end Heather goes - Fucking Coen Brothers!
2008
27 Dresses @ Burbank 16 (CA) w/ Heather- I don't care. I love this movie, however unbelievable that you wouldn't tell your own sister to back the fuck off.
- I seriously cannot remember this movie despite looking it up and seeing the plot & cast & that Woody Allen made it. Was it that forgettable?
- It was okay.
- I am not a fan of Jason Segel & I really don't need to see him naked. The rest of the movie was pretty funny. This guy has a thing for puppets, huh?
- I rather enjoyed it.
- Jeez. Where does one start. Such great potential. Too many corny things happen.
- It's been so long I can't remember what happens, but I remember liking it.
- Intriguing but M. Night Shyamalan needs to get better endings.
- So freaking good.
- Totally AMAZING.
- I want to believe they could've done better.
- It was okay. There are some laughs.
- Pretty good.
- I liked it.
- Ha ha - Anna Faris. Funny stuff.
- Meh.
- I feel like they forgot to finish writing the script. Unsatisfied.
- Fun. The other one was much better.
- Not the best remake.
2007
Pan's Labyrinth @ Santa Monica 7 (CA)- I liked it.
- The tv show is really funny. Movie is kind of weird.
- I liked it.
- Ugh. Not the best.
- I was like... I saw this??? I guess so.
- What happens in this one? 2 is the best.
- Very good.
- All these Pirates movies kind of blend together in my head.
- So sooooo good. I loved it. The scene w/ the lonely tourist made me cry.
- It was okay.
- Ugh. Why is Justin Long in so many movies? And why can McClane suddenly dodge cars flying at his head?
- I can't keep these straight usually, but I love them.
- I was honestly shocked that I saw this in the theater. I can't for the life of me remember going. It could be that I've watched this movie hundreds of times.
- It was fun, I think.
- I liked it.
- I was hoping for so much more. Especially after the short movie.
- Great concept.
- Good.
- Funny! MSCL reference. Nice.
- I liked it.
2006
Memoirs of a Geisha @ Arclight Hollywood (CA)- I remember liking it.
- It was pretty good.
- Also pretty good.
- What a crap movie. Awful. Johnny Depp warns you in the beginning you will not like him... he should've warned us that we wouldn't like the movie.
- This movie made me mad. I'm pretty sure violence & anarchy don't solve anything.
- Liked it.
- I can barely remember it. I think I liked it. I usually do.
- Depressing! But a pretty good movie.
- Cheesepuff stuff here folks. It's totally watchable. In fact I "watched" it while compiling this blog. It's a movie to have on in the background.
- Pretty good, although I think her bf should be way more understanding. She's only doing the job for a year right? I guess we can argue about it.
- I remember liking it.
- I liked it.
- I liked it.
- I love Woody Allen movies.
- Yeah, more Pirates. I can't remember what happens in which one.
- Good movie.
- It was okay.
- Seriously depressing.
- It was so so.
- I liked it, but I remember some things bothering me a lot about it. It's been too long to remember what.
- It was fun.
- Awesome movie. Clap clap...
- It's pretty good.
- HORRID. This movie made me totally hate Crispin Glover. Not only was it not coherent as a movie and totally awful (worse than a student film & way more fucked up), I also was very sick & want my time and money back.
- So good!
- Fun movie! At times a bit too long. I'm not sure about Jack Black being the one for Kate Winslet.
2005
Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events @ Burbank 16 (CA)- The best part of this movie is the end title sequence. Better than the film. Props to whoever made that.
- I think this was decent... I can't remember.
- It was okay.
- Pretty good. Kind of sad.
- Good!
- As far as horror movies go, I think it was pretty good.
- Okay.
- It has some laughs.
- I don't have anything to say.
- I really liked it.
- I took a group of people with me to see this for my birthday. I freaking loved it. We went to Mel's Diner afterward.
- It was okay... it was like, Ghost Dad, sort of.
- It was okay. I barely remember.
- Is this the remake w/ Johnny Depp? Didn't love it.
- Blah.
- Not what I hoped for.
- The most depressing movie I've ever seen.
- Harry Potter!
- It was good.
- I liked it!
- I liked it.
- I loved the cartoon series & had low expectations, which means I loved it. Went out as Aeon Flux for Halloween also.
2004
Big Fish @ (CA) w/ Mike- I remember liking it.
- Totally excited for the Q&A. LOTR movies are pretty good.
- What can I say? I love The Goonies!
- It was okay.
- Rough.
- Meh.
- Very weird but I liked it.
- I barely remember.
- I remember liking these.
- It's okay.
- Fun!
- Fun!
- Pretty good. Why would you do that to yourself? Ugh.
- Fun & Dennis Quaid.
- Gary Oldman!
- Best one.
- I can barely remember it.
- Same goes. Barely remember.
- Totally good.
- Good movie.
- I remember liking it.
- It was pretty good if I remember correctly.
- These aren't the best movies, but they're fun.
- Kind of scary.
- Meh.
- It's okay.
- I don't really remember.
- I remember thinking it was okay - but I don't heart it.
- Really good.
- Really good.
- Really good.
2003
Chicago @ The Little Theater (NY)- Loved it! Made me want to dance.
- Good!
- I can't remember what I thought.
- Not that great.
- They're fun movies.
- Fun!
- Ugh, we have gone wrong here writers.
- Very scary.
- Loved it.
- Can't remember.
- Good!
- Can't remember... think it was meh.
- I can't remember seeing this in the theater. It's an okay movie.
- Pretty good.
2002
Riding In Cars With Boys @ Cinemark Movies 10 (NY)- It's okay.
- Not the best movie, but it's okay.
- Liked it.
- Liked it, but the more I watch it, the less I like it. Hmm.
- One of my favorite movies ever. So good.
- Fun!
- Tear jerker if I remember correctly.
- So good!
- Fun!
- Pretty good.
- I liked it.
- Better than Episode I, although I can't say I remember.
- I liked it.
- Fun.
- Okay.
- Seriously no memory of going to see this.
- The ticket doesn't say which one. This is a dollar theater though so probably II again.
- Fun times.
2001
Little Nicky @ Cinemark Movies 10 (NY)- Good grief.
- So good!
- Meh.
- Meh.
- Have no memory of this happening.
- I think this was part of some film fest for our college.
- I don't remember.
- Barely remember.
- Fun!
- I liked it.
- It's okay.
- It's okay.
- It's okay.
- Pretty good.
- Liked it.
- Liked it.
- I don't love it at all.
- Fun times & there were a lot of old people in the theater. We laughed a lot during it, and were thinking - are we the only ones young enough to get these references?
- We came to the theater late & had to sit in the front row. All I can remember are her boobs looking really fake.
- Quirky & I like it.
- Meh.
- Fun!
- Loved it! One of my favorite movies.
- Totally hated it.
- It's okay.
- So good.
2000
Cecil B. Demented @ (NY)- I can't remember much about this movie.
- It was okay.
- Totally weird but good.
- I think I liked it. It's been too long.
- It's pretty good.
- Two things I like - Leo & Danny Boyle.
- The Talking Heads are fun. It was pretty good.
- It's okay.
- I don't remember what I think of this!
- I liked this movie a lot. It's funny b/c we showed up late for the film & missed the first few minutes. It's a completely different perspective not knowing what is coming.
- Don't remember.
- Don't remember.
- I really liked it. So depressing though.
- Fun!
- Not my favorite.
- Can't remember.
- It's the U boat movie! I can't remember.
- Eh.
- Fun.
- More fun.
- Freaky.
1999
I Still Know What You Did Last Summer @ Cinemark Movies 10 (NY)- Yeah I liked it.
- Meh.
- I liked it. It's silly.
- I was surprised I saw this. I can't remember it.
- It's okay. I hoped for better.
- This is a fun movie.
- Um... disappointing to adults.
- Cool.
- Ugh.
- Not that great.
- Love it!
- Some laughs. Don't ever need to see it again.
- Wish I was more scared by it. The theater at school was way too bright.
- Pretty good. Did I really see this twice? Apparently so.
- I liked it.
- A first date movie. Weird choice but I liked it a lot.
1998
Titanic @ (NY)- It was entertaining the first time around. Kind of ridiculous.
- I remember it having a big chase. Other than that, zero memory.
- Good.
- So funny!
- It's okay.
- Oh yeah. This was an odd one. I liked it.
- I don't really remember this.
- It's okay.
- I don't remember it.
- My answers still haven't been questioned. I still love the show.
- Pretty good & I'm not a fan of Jim Carrey.
- Fun & ridiculous.
- It's okay.
- Good grief.
- I remember liking it. I was at the drive in.
- This was also at the drive in. It's pretty good.
- This could be any number of them.
- I don't remember what happens in this movie.
- Yeah...
1997
Trainspotting @ The Beehive (PA)- Loved it.
- It's okay.
- It's okay.
- I liked it. I think it was this one I went to see with my old roommate. She had to leave b/c she had just broken up with her bf & it was making her sad. I stayed to watch it. Does that make me a bad person?
1996
Rumble in the Bronx @ Carmike Cinemas (PA)- I don't remember it.
- I liked it.
- I liked it.
- Fun!
- I was surprised I saw this. Looks awful. I can't remember.
1995
Se7en @ Regal Cinema Great Lakes Mall (OH)- Loved it. Loved the credits.
- Fun movie.

No comments:
Post a Comment