Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Italia! Milan

Today we traveled from La Spezia to Milan. The hotel in La Spezia was nice however the pillows gave me major neck issues for the rest of the day. Milan was a very interesting city, definitely more European. Lots & lots of shopping and I believe it was fashion week, so there were a lot of activities happening. We had lots of free time today. We stomped on the bull's balls (for luck of course!), ate some panzerotti, and walked around shopping. I would have loved to have found a purse or some shoes but nothing really popped out at me. I had visions of buying out Milan and here I come away with nothing but some food in my belly!


I've seen lots of fun t-shirts on people since being in Italy. When I was in Capri, I saw a grown man wearing a Spongebob tee. He was not some old guy or a kid and he wasn't the only adult male I saw wearing one. I spotted another offender here in Milan. What's the deal with Spongebob here? I also spotted a guy in Capri wearing a t-shirt that said in big bold letters OMG AKA WTF. That I thought was pretty funny & when I looked it up & found out it was a tee from Urban Outfitters, it made a little more sense. I also saw a girl in Milan wearing a t-shirt that said "I am not designed to do housework... Ever!". I have also seen two Ghostbusters II t-shirts on adults. Yes, Ghostbusters II, not the original, II! That is a weird choice! I wish I had pictures of all of them. I am not very good at taking pictures of strangers. I did snag this one of the Ghostbusters II man. He's on the far right.


We met up with the group for a risotto dinner. We felt very rushed through and I think half the reason was we were prepaid, and the other half was that we hadn't even checked into our hotel yet, so we were on a time schedule with our bus driver. The risotto was good but just had saffron in it. I had eggplant, again, but this time I liked it, a lot. Mostly b/c I couldn't taste it... everything was so mushy, it melted in my mouth and I couldn't differentiate the cheese from the eggplant. I saw some neat graffiti on the way to & from dinner.


We got on our bus and drove out to the hotel. This was a bit far from the city center but still in Milan. Too exhausted to go out, which is a shame, it being Saturday night in Milan Italy! The hotel was definitely the nicest we stayed in, but the shower still leaked water everywhere. Do Italians not care for a properly enclosed shower? Below, La Spezia vs Milan hotels.

No comments:

Post a Comment