Naturally because I'm starting work in a couple weeks, the amount of things piling up to do is getting bigger & bigger. There are art projects & a movie to finish. My car still needs to be repaired & pass the smog check. I somehow have still not bought my new set of pots & pans, which are supposed to be my Christmas present from my parents... but that could be a good thing since my brother has been living with me again(!!!).
It's amazing how busy I have been this year. I don't even know where the time goes. It's certainly not spent working, although I have been fortunate enough to have some good jobs this year. More likely, I've been sleeping too much.
I've been working on my movie for the last two days. I keep feeling so bad for my actors who have waited for it to be finished, but since I don't have my own editing system I am at the mercy of my friend's schedule. Which means, I haven't worked on it since January... but I think I'm close to done. I really ran out of steam today b/c I spent so much time on it yesterday. The issue of music has been brought up & although it'd be nice to have some, I'm not sure who I can find to do that for me. I feel so close to being done with this that the thought of putting the effort into music is exhausting.
I spent Wednesday helping at my friends' house. It's the never-ending construction battle. We did a lot of work & I honestly can't wait to see another room completed. I just hope there are no more set backs for them so we can get the main room finished soon. Crossing my fingers!
I also spent a day this week at the beach. My main reason for going was to try to take a picture for a friend as part of an art project I'm doing. I don't think I got any pictures I'd want to use, but it was awesome to spend some time at the beach. We headed up to Leo Carrillo & caught the end of the low tide. I was disappointed by the lack of starfish, considering last time we went there were tons.
I'm getting close to being finished with these art projects too. I did this chain letter type of thing on Facebook where my friend offered to make something for 5 people, as long as they in turn made something for 5 people. So I'm all wrapped up in this and hoping that the 5 people I am making art projects for actually make something for 5 other people. There's no restrictions on what you have to make and it just needs to be done this year... so I hope that will encourage them to do something, anything. I have 2 drawings and 1 book finished. I need to buy a few old picture frames. I am still working on getting a photo to use for one project, and a friend of mine is going to photograph some other drawings I made so I can make a note card set for the last project.
Speaking of photographs, I think the magazine photo issue has been resolved. It looks like it's happening and that's pretty exciting. The down side is they are looking for stock photographs & I'm not getting a lot out of the deal. Compromises I guess.
Hopefully lots of photos to post soon. I've been too tired to go through my beach photos & I'm like a frame away from bringing in 5 rolls of film to Lomography to get developed. I'm super excited to see those!
Saturday, March 12, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment