Monday, March 28, 2011

The Grand Canyon

My friend Heather's birthday was a couple weeks ago, so we up & went to the Grand Canyon. I've never been before so seeing it for the first time was really exciting! We only stayed two days, so we didn't have time to do a lot. We walked around, drove around & saw different parts of the canyon. My friend Katie & I went on a hike on the Bright Angel Trail. We figured we hiked about 2.5 miles. I would love to go again with more time to go down farther to get to the river & waterfalls. We saw a lot of animals & were really excited to see so many woods around the area. We went to the South Rim - a 7,000 ft elevation. There was still some snow on the ground. We caught the moon the night before the Supermoon. It was incredibly bright. We were back in L.A. for the Supermoon and it was so overcast & cloudy that I didn't see it at all. I'm pretty bummed, especially after seeing people's pictures of it on Flickr. In another 18 years I guess.

My first view of the Grand Canyon:
My friend & I:
It's gorgeous here:
The Crow:
We are just tiny things:

Day Two:

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kelly!
    Wow! What a wonderful place! The photos is beautiful! Congratulations!
    Good week!
    Bia

    ReplyDelete