I feel swamped with all the photos I've been taking and I tend not to edit them down much. I use my camera phone like crazy. I use Flickr like one giant photo album, which may not be a good thing. I should be more cautious of what's public/private or just the volume of photos I post. It's kind of out of hand, but I love it. I wish Flickr's platform was a little easier to view. Their new page is supposed to feature the photographs more, but I feel like it's a little harder to look at. It's just one long continuous scroll. I hate continuous scroll by the way... and I tend to organize all my photos into Collections - which they don't even have a tab for at the top of your feed - you have to find it in the sub menu that is shown by three dots - people are not going to look there. I can't choose the size of my photos to view on my page. It just seemed easier before when there were a certain number of photos per page. Anyway... I could bitch about that forever.
A collection of my favorite photographs I took in 2013. Flickr has a bug where I can't embed the slideshow video (they keep fucking with everything - even the slideshow has pans across your photos now, blah. And you can only view it in full screen - their slideshow before was lovely.)...
Some highlights of the year though... I was a bridesmaid in Athena & Brad's wedding; I went to some awesome concerts; I got a nice new computer; I developed color film for the first time ever in my kitchen; I took a trip to Oxnard & my car took the opportunity to blow out a part. Always fixing the car it seems (not now - knocks on wood). I have been doing these stair hikes/walks almost every week as my friend Ky goes through her Secret Stairs of LA book. It provides lots of interesting views and is a great way to explore neighborhoods - although I am familiar with many neighborhoods we've been to. I worked a bunch. I went to San Francisco. I went to CT & NYC. It was a nice calm year.

No comments:
Post a Comment