Thursday, March 15, 2012

An Open Letter To Dr Pepper 10

As a woman, I couldn't let a blatantly sexist commercial ad campaign that is currently running for Dr Pepper 10 continue without a formal complaint.

I first heard a radio ad over a month ago stating that Dr Pepper 10 is not for women, they are not allowed to have it as well as other ridiculous statements, including the implication that diet soda is for women (which by the way, many men I know drink diet soda).

Tonight I saw a commercial air on NBC where the men are supposed to be action movie characters, introducing that the movie is not for women, and ending that the soda is not for women.

This ad campaign is completely sexist without a hint of irony or humor that they aren't serious.

I am lucky enough to have grown up in a time where women have pushed for so many rights and equality, that I am completely disgusted by this ad campaign. Shame on you Dr Pepper for advertising such a sexist commercial and reverting back to a time where men thought it was okay to treat women separately and not as their equal.

You have certainly lost a customer, and I guarantee I am not the only one now boycotting your products.

No comments:

Post a Comment