I've been listening to the new PJ Harvey album a lot. It has so grown on me. I love the songs & they're going over again in my head throughout the day (currently 'On Battleship Hill' and 'In The Dark Places'). I guess something has to be said for that. She'll be at Coachella this year & I'm so so so annoyed I can't go b/c they don't sell single day passes.
I was just going through my Diana F+ pictures, and with the songs stuck in my head & thinking about photography, I thought of some pictures I saw of her that I really liked. Like this one of her that I found on Maria Mochnacz's website. It was the original cover idea for 'Stories'.
Photo: Maria Mochnacz
A current one taken for the new album/promos, I believe by Seamus Murphy since he's been so involved with the new album:
Photo: Seamus Murphy
There is this whole feather thing going on. I'm guessing the symbolism as the head dress representing culture & war, but I reckon it's just my opinion. Seamus Murphy has also shot 12 videos for each song off her new album. There are many of them out now & can be seen on YouTube. Links for both photographers below.
http://www.mariamochnacz.co.uk/pjharvey/17pjharvey.asp
http://seamusmurphy.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/letenglandshake
Thursday, April 7, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment